Sunday, January 17, 2010

from then to now

happy new year everyone!

ok, seriously, I am neglecting this blog way too much, but I thought recently maybe I shouldn't be so hard on myself, I mean I do have a young person demanding most of my attention, a husband who demands a little attention, and well, there isn't a whole lot left for me at the end of the day. I work too, and I have started another blog (sorry pili) which has taken a lot of my attention, it's about living gluten free in vancouver, started with my sister robyn, check it out if you are interested.

So the last post was about pili turning one, well now she is 16 months old! and a lot has happened in these past few months, some of the highlights are: she has four first molars, she sleeps in her crib without crying, she weighs 23.5 pounds, she is 31 inches tall, and she can WALK! that's right, she's upright! and she loves it. so do we, we no longer have to carry her everywhere, or watch her crawl on supermarket floors. she has gained a whole new sense of awareness with this leap forward. she notices way more things, and generally acts more like a kid than a baby. well, actually she is not a baby anymore, sniff sniff.

she is crazy about dogs, she adores her grandparents, has stared warming up to her aunties heather and robyn, and her friends kate and mike, which is excellent because we are going to havana in march with kate and mike, and it will be so much easier now that she is comfortable with them. we are all very excited for this holiday! I am especially excited to see pilar in sergio's environment. and it is additionally fabulous that for the first time, i will be in havana and not have to leave sergio behind. we have come a long way, a hard way for sure, but now it all seems worth it.

here are some random photos from the past couple of months, enjoy!
















2 comments:

Koo and Poppet said...

office lady returns....scheduling appointments and creating excel spreadsheets on her laptop...I love it...Pilar you crack me up little miss jam-face!
xoxoxoxo

Clara said...

can't believe that it will be the first time that you and Sergio will go and leave Cuba together!!
x

Related Posts with Thumbnails