Thursday, February 25, 2010

pretty in pink again...with mom

here we are...spending a nice quiet morning together, like we always do when dad is already at work. we usually wake up at 8.30, which is perfect, not too early. Pilar goes to bed between 8pm and 9pm so she is getting her 12 hours of sleep. and the best part, she now sleeps in her crib until about 6am! then she comes to bed with us for a few hours of cuddling and warmth.

breakfast always starts the same way...I keep a glass jar of her favorite gluten free cereal, nature's path whole o's, and I open the jar for her, and she sticks her hand inside and splashes a handful out onto the table, she loves doing this! then I make our toast with crunchy peanut butter, and feed her apple sauce, sliced oranges, and usually a fruit smoothie with blueberries and strawberries. she is crazy about smoothies! LOVES them, me too.

we sing along to some of her favorite sesame street videos, the fav is feist's 1.2.3.4. we bob our heads back and forth and sing along, well Pili gurgles along, she doesn't know the words yet. after some singing we play with some toys, she likes little cars right now, you know hot wheels etc, leftovers from my childhood. but things aren't complete without some office supplies, she is the office lady after all. here she is with my calculator. I actually had to scrub this clean recently because it was covered in goop and food, I actually scrubbed off the calculus formulas I had written on it (yes I cheated, sometimes...) now at least Pili will never know I did!

good morning! 


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails